Are you looking for a delicious snack or meal that’s easy to make? Look no further than chicken nuggets! With their crispy outside and tender, juicy inside, chicken nuggets are a crowd-pleaser that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. In this article, we’ll show you how to make homemade chicken nuggets that are healthier and tastier than store-bought versions.
Before we get started, let’s gather the ingredients we’ll need to make chicken nuggets at home:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil (such as canola or vegetable oil)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, beat together the eggs and milk.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then coat in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to ensure a good coating.
- Place the chicken nuggets on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle or spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the chicken nuggets hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or ranch dressing.
Tips for Success
- To make the chicken nuggets extra crispy, use a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and regular breadcrumbs.
- If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs, you can use crushed cornflakes or crackers instead.
- If you prefer, you can also fry the chicken nuggets in hot oil instead of baking them. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and fry the nuggets until they are golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- For added flavor, you can also season the breadcrumbs with herbs such as oregano, thyme, or rosemary.
- If you’re short on time, you can also make the chicken nuggets ahead of time and freeze them for later. Simply bake or fry them as needed.
Benefits of Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Making chicken nuggets at home has several benefits over buying them from the store:
- You can control the ingredients and make them healthier by using whole-grain breadcrumbs, reducing the amount of salt, or using olive oil instead of canola oil.
- They taste better! Homemade Chicken Nuggets recipe are fresher, crispier, and more flavorful than frozen store-bought versions.
- You can customize them to your liking by adding your favorite seasonings or dipping sauces.
- They’re a fun activity to do with kids, who will love helping you coat the chicken in breadcrumbs and dipping sauces.
Chicken nuggets are a classic snack or meal that are easy to make and loved by everyone. By following this recipe for homemade chicken nuggets, you can make a healthier and tastier version that’s sure to impress. Whether you bake or fry them, these